"I think it's one of the most important battles for consumers to fight: the right to know what's in their food, and how it was grown." -Joel Salatin

Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Enemies


    Many misconceptions and facts prevent consumers from knowing what foods are "healthy" or "harmful". First off, one must decide their purpose for eating healthy. If said customer only wishes to lose weight, the foods considered "healthy" will be very different than the foods a dietitian may consider "healthy". Often foods with less preservatives will be higher in both carbohydrates and fats than their artificial counterparts. This is how the foods are supposed to affect your body. The issue may be that we try to eat too much low calorie food rather than simply eating less of unaltered foods. No matter from what point of view, here's a list of  "7 Foods Experts Won't Eat". The list includes foods we've discussed such as "corn-fed beef", "non-organic potatoes", and "farmed salmon", but also mentions "canned-tomatoes" and "microwave popcorn"--both of which have been linked to reproductive problems.


Cameron Cassan

1 comment:

  1. I know my dad eats a bag of popcorn almost every night, but I'm pretty sure my parents are done having kids...at least I hope so! I don't eat much popcorn and hate tomatoes so I think I'm in the clear for the most part. But if I were a guy who ate popcorn and canned tomatoes I would reconsider after seeing this.

    Thanks-
    Robbie

    ReplyDelete