"I think it's one of the most important battles for consumers to fight: the right to know what's in their food, and how it was grown." -Joel Salatin

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Aspartame has a stranglehold on the diet society. This is bad. Aspartame can be dangerous; in fact, there's a high likelihood that it is dangerous. But don't fear! As the following article will describe, a new artificial sweetener called stevia is striving to be an alternative for its nutritional aspects: it is derived from an herb, has little effect on blood sugar levels, contains few calories, and is not associated with toxicity. Please, do not be turned off by the bodybuilding part of the article. Read on to learn the truth behind aspartame, the possibility of stevia, and the reasons why the FDA won't approve it! 

-Jamison Porter

2 comments:

  1. Hey. I'm not offended! I haven't used Nutrasweet in forever, but I never knew that formic acid is the same thing produced by FIRE ANTS! I have terrible reactions to fire ants--like, take me to the doctor. This is good to know. Now, Jamison, are you off to the gym? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am, I'll make sure aspartame is not in my protein shake!

    ReplyDelete