"I think it's one of the most important battles for consumers to fight: the right to know what's in their food, and how it was grown." -Joel Salatin

Friday, March 11, 2011

Cereal Excitement!

SnackGirl recently posted on her site about my all-time favorite food--cereal. No matter the day or the hour, nothing quite hits the spot for me like a crunchy bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats, or the like. SnackGirl discovered a company that allows you to make your own ORGANIC, flax-enriched cereal online, and the company--Custom Choice Cereal--will then ship it to you.


http://www.flickr.com/photos/25572801@N00/414939826/
 Your cereal is gluten-free and completely personalized (with up to 11 ingredients). However, the fee can be outrageously high; while experimenting, I racked up a hefty $14.19 pricetag... and that's without shipping! The site has other cool gadgets, such as interactive nutrition facts that change as you add extras to your base cereal. (These extras include dried coconut chips, bananas, apples, mangos, sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, pecans, walnuts, pistachios and much more!)

The idea of being able to know and choose exactly what goes into our food is so empowering! This is the way food eating should always be!

-Taylor Halbig

3 comments:

  1. I'll be sharing some things I learned at the conference with you in the coming weeks. I went to a session called "Affordably Organic," and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love cereal and it for snack all the time! I must try ths out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree that the price is a little outrageous, but I'll pay anything to know what's going into my food! :)
    -Jennifer Rochefort

    ReplyDelete