"I think it's one of the most important battles for consumers to fight: the right to know what's in their food, and how it was grown." -Joel Salatin

Monday, February 21, 2011

LIES!!!

So as most of us know, organic products don't have to be only food.  At Organic Consumers Association there was an article that really stood out to me, it talked about the USDA and how they can allow things to be considered organic but they don't have to require it.  This means that "on cosmetics labels, words like 'herbal,' 'natural,' even 'organic', have no legal definition. That means that anybody can put anything in a bottle and call it 'natural.' And they do!"  
This is unfair to the consumer but this website has started a Coming Clean Campaign trying to promote the integrity of organic products.  


There are some really cool ideas about how help!
http://www.organicconsumers.org/bodycare/index.cfm
Sarah Johnson

1 comment:

  1. I know. I don't put much stock in the FDA. I'm kind of big time disappointed, but mostly I'm just mad!

    ReplyDelete